Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3 monitors and messed desktops

Hey all,

I am using 3 monitors setup with my MacBook Pro - 2 external and the third native. I want to have my applications (Safari, Photoshop, Excel etc) to be opened as defaults on particular desktops, each time the same.

I am right clicking the app icon in the Dock and set the app desktop alignment there. For example , Safari is set to be opened on Desktop 2 on external display 2 and Photoshop - on desktop 3 on external display 3

unfortunately each time when I restart the Mac (not unplugging any cables), safari opens on Desktop 3 on external display 3 and Photoshop on desktop 2 on external display 2 and while right clicking on the app icons in the dock again I see, that Mac messed the alignments - it does not remember the settings.

How to force Mac to open the apps each time on correct desktops as set by aligning by right clicking on the app icon in the dock? I am using the most actual OS

thank you

Maciek

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 25, 2019 11:30 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

3 monitors and messed desktops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.