Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passwords don’t wok

I am trying to up date messenger. I put in my Apple ID and password but then it asks for my iplayer password which fails. It locks my account and gets me to do a new Apple ID password and the whole process is repeated and once more fails to work

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on May 26, 2019 4:57 AM

5 replies

May 26, 2019 5:04 AM in response to BertandChester

You have to start with one your most reliable devices which's logged into iCloud already or go to iCloud website and look under registered devices and you'll see some old and may duplicate devices, etc

Best if you remove all and then login again the one you use.

May 26, 2019 5:14 AM in response to BertandChester

Heya, I may need some more information to help understand what's causing the issue.

Your Messenger app needs to update, when you tap update it prompts for your Apple ID and password. You enter those but then it asks for an iPlayer password. I'm not familiar with iplayer passwords?

You then reset your Apple ID password but then it does not accept that password and asks to be reset again.

Okay. Let's start by checking your Apple ID and password is working.

Can you log into your account at https://appleid.apple.com?

Do you get any messages that your Apple ID is locked or disabled?

Passwords don’t wok

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.