Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

can't access app store, shows always wrong id or password, changed the password twice

need to update my browsers, because of netflix.

can't access app store, shows always wrong id or password, changed the password twice.

every time i'm trying to put a password i receive a sign in request on my iphone, after allow it shows numbers, but on my mac, i do not get any page where i can use those numbers.

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 3:12 PM

It looks like you're on a very old version of macOS from before two factor authentication was added. You need to use something called a decorated password.

1. Sign in with your Apple ID and password like normal, it is going to tell you the password is incorrect
  2. get the verification code from your iPhone
  3. enter your password on the computer again immediately followed by the verification code. Ex: if your password is the word "Password", and the code you get is 123456, you would enter Password123456 in the password box.

If this doesn't work, you may need to update to a newer version of macOS.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2023 3:12 PM in response to ilana14

It looks like you're on a very old version of macOS from before two factor authentication was added. You need to use something called a decorated password.

1. Sign in with your Apple ID and password like normal, it is going to tell you the password is incorrect
  2. get the verification code from your iPhone
  3. enter your password on the computer again immediately followed by the verification code. Ex: if your password is the word "Password", and the code you get is 123456, you would enter Password123456 in the password box.

If this doesn't work, you may need to update to a newer version of macOS.

can't access app store, shows always wrong id or password, changed the password twice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.