Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web link goes straight to App

I know that Apple is trying to help us out by opening Apps when we go to a matching website, but I think we need to be able to control that transfer. (Like we use to be able to)

Here’s my problem:

An app I use infrequently logged me out since I hadn’t used it in a while. Naturally, I have forgotten the password since it’s been a while. So I had the app send me a password reset email. Guess what happens when I touch the link to go to the web page to reset my password? You got it, the ever helpful iOS takes me straight to the app asking me for the password I never got a chance to change.

Brilliant Apple.

Any suggestions on how to get out of this no password change infinite loop? Or will I have to solve this problem with a PC or Chromebook (groan)?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 2:41 PM

Well my son solved this one for me by holding down on the link in the email until iOS gave options for how to open the link. I knew about this feature in Safari, but didn’t realize you could do it from an email. I still think a question asked by iOS perhaps with an ability to set a default would be better.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 2:41 PM in response to PerpetuallyFrustrated

Well my son solved this one for me by holding down on the link in the email until iOS gave options for how to open the link. I knew about this feature in Safari, but didn’t realize you could do it from an email. I still think a question asked by iOS perhaps with an ability to set a default would be better.

Web link goes straight to App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.