Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Q: Why does my CD keep stopping and starting when importing audio files (songs) to iTunes?

Is my CD bust? After importing half a CD's worth of audio into iTunes (slowly), it stops every few seconds, waits for the CD drive to start up, then downloads for another 5 secs or so. Its a new, clean CD.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15", OS X 10.11

Posted on May 26, 2019 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 1:06 AM

Thank you HWTech. I had the same interruption problem, though not as severe, when used Finder to reveal the files on the CD, and copy one of the latter files to desktop. Offending CD has 72mins recorded sound. I just imported a 50min music CD with no interruption at all. Its possibly the CD in this case.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2019 1:06 AM in response to HWTech

Thank you HWTech. I had the same interruption problem, though not as severe, when used Finder to reveal the files on the CD, and copy one of the latter files to desktop. Offending CD has 72mins recorded sound. I just imported a 50min music CD with no interruption at all. Its possibly the CD in this case.

Q: Why does my CD keep stopping and starting when importing audio files (songs) to iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.