Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Active Calories from 3rd Party App not Shown as Move-Calories

I did a long run today with my Garmin, and I have noticed that the "Move" portion of the Activity App did not count me as ... moving. The Garmin App is called "Connect", and you can see that the Activity App did register that time as Exercise Time, but you'll notice that the Move portion has no activity for the same block of time.

I've searched a few posts on this topic, but most deal with the 3rd party app not sending the Active Calories. Why I am so confused is that the details of the Workout, as imported into Health and shown in the Activity App, show Active Calories:

So... is Garmin reporting this incorrectly or something? Why are the 2,515 Active Calories not shown under "Move"...? Clearly, I was moving during my Exercise Time.... I was not wearing my Apple Watch at the time, so it isn't a matter of double counting or anything....

Any insight?

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on May 26, 2019 8:41 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 27, 2019 5:00 PM in response to Brent D.

Well, now it is acting up again. I ran yesterday morning and 360 hours later, it hasn't counted the 853 Active Calories that it shows as being sent by Connect in the total for Move for yesterday.

Also, I ran this morning, and the same thing: Active Calories in the Outdoor Run are not shown as part of the Move total today.

Ideas?

Active Calories from 3rd Party App not Shown as Move-Calories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.