Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Track pad separation from the body

I just realized that the track pad on my macbook is loose. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the track pad was a single piece with the rest of the body and that the feedback was haptic (i.e. no physical movement of the track pad). I just realized that the track pad is now loose and when depressed moves into the computer. Is this normal? Is there a way to fix this (I'm assuming replacement is the only option)? Any input would be welcomed.

MacBook, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 26, 2019 11:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 9:59 AM

You may very well be correct that the track pad on your MacBook is defective. I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

1 reply

Track pad separation from the body

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.