Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting OS on mac

I was trying to reset my macbook air. I followed the process of erasing Macintosh HD partition and it was successful and unknowingly I restarted Mac. After this I am getting Internet recovery process but the spinning globe is not going away and the timer is stuck on 24:00. I waited for more than 30mins for the process but no change. I just erased the content in the partition. Now I am stick. How can I get the os back?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 27, 2019 12:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 12:47 AM

For Internet Recovery Mode your MacBook Air needs to connect to a Wi-Fi network. It may have even tried to connect to the wrong Wi-Fi. Here is what I would do:

1. Restart your Wi-Fi router.
  2. Try again to launch Internet Recovery.
  3. Make sure you choose the correct Wi-Fi network.
  4. If this still doesn't work, try using a different Wi-Fi network at another location.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2019 12:47 AM in response to chandrakant114

For Internet Recovery Mode your MacBook Air needs to connect to a Wi-Fi network. It may have even tried to connect to the wrong Wi-Fi. Here is what I would do:

1. Restart your Wi-Fi router.
  2. Try again to launch Internet Recovery.
  3. Make sure you choose the correct Wi-Fi network.
  4. If this still doesn't work, try using a different Wi-Fi network at another location.

May 27, 2019 2:08 AM in response to chandrakant114

It should fluctuate for maybe 2 or 3 minutes.

On an average Internet connection it should only take about 5-15 minutes to load with steady progress.

On a very slow Internet connection it should not take more than about 30 minutes with steady progress.

Anything longer than that, there is a problem and it probably is not going to work (it will probably never load). For example, if you are on a connection behind a Proxy server or strict firewall, that would be a problem and you would want to try another Internet connection.

Resetting OS on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.