Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound coming through Mac when Microphone is plugged in. (On Garageband)

I have plugged in my RØDE microphone to record something and the sound levels indicate that noises are being made and everything but when I go to play it back nothing is coming out of my speakers. I tried playing something on youtube and sound is coming out fine. Nothing plays on Garageband. I have checked my inputs and outputs in settings and changed everything the way it should be. Even tried putting in earphones to see if anything would change and nothing did.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 27, 2019 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2019 3:54 PM

It's fixed, instead of the standard settings for audio, I went into the Preferences for garageband and set the output for my speakers. Thank you for your effort though, much appreciated.

Similar questions

3 replies

No sound coming through Mac when Microphone is plugged in. (On Garageband)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.