Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Friends complain - garbled voice

Just bought an iphone XS - several friends have complained that my voice sounds like the adults on the Charlie Brown cartoon shows....very muffled alnd garbled....I never had this issue with my 6....very annoying...any suggestions? Who would expect to have this issue with a phone that was that pricey!?

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on May 27, 2019 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 11:25 AM

Do you have a case on the phone? Also, remember the iPhone microphone is at the base of the phone, and you need to watch how you hold it to ensure you do not cover that microphone. At times, while FaceTiming with my son, I find that I will rest the bottom of the phone on a finger and unintentionally cover a portion of the microphone, which then makes my voice sound muffled. You can also check here for troubleshooting microphone issues, If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2019 11:25 AM in response to paintoncanvas

Do you have a case on the phone? Also, remember the iPhone microphone is at the base of the phone, and you need to watch how you hold it to ensure you do not cover that microphone. At times, while FaceTiming with my son, I find that I will rest the bottom of the phone on a finger and unintentionally cover a portion of the microphone, which then makes my voice sound muffled. You can also check here for troubleshooting microphone issues, If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working - Apple Support

Friends complain - garbled voice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.