Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't call people on my phone

Whenever I call somebody the call goes through but their is no sound that i can hear and the person i am calling can't hear me, whenever i film something and talk there is no sound i can hear and when i go to voice memos it sais their is no audio device detected. Even when plugging in headphones it makes no difference. i can still watch youtube and spotify with sound.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 27, 2019 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 10:55 PM

If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't clear on your iPhone

If you can't hear a person's voice clearly, hear crackling, static, or have issues with sound quality while you're on a call or listening to voicemail on your iPhone, learn what to do.

iPhone Volume and Receiver

Turn up the volume

While you're on a call, adjust the volume with the volume buttons. Make sure that you can see the volume indicator on the screen when you press the volume buttons.

Check the connections

If your iPhone is connected to a headset, you won't be able to hear through the iPhone receiver or using speakerphone. Follow these steps, testing after each.

1. Make sure that you don't have anything plugged into the headphone jack or the dock connector.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn off Bluetooth.

Clear the receiver

The iPhone receiver won't work properly if it's blocked or dirty.

Follow these steps, testing after each:

• Make sure nothing is blocking the receiver, such as a case or screen protector.
  • If you have a new iPhone, remove the plastic film on the front and back of the device.
  • Check the receiver opening to see if it's blocked or dirty. If necessary, clean the receiver opening with a small, soft-bristled brush. Make sure that the brush is clean and dry.
  • While you're on a call, turn on speakerphone. If you still can't hear, then your network or reception could be the issue. Try calling again later or from a different location.

Restart and update

1. Restart your iPhone and test again.
  2. If there's still no sound or poor sound quality, update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.

If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't ...

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT203800

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2019 10:55 PM in response to slade208

If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't clear on your iPhone

If you can't hear a person's voice clearly, hear crackling, static, or have issues with sound quality while you're on a call or listening to voicemail on your iPhone, learn what to do.

iPhone Volume and Receiver

Turn up the volume

While you're on a call, adjust the volume with the volume buttons. Make sure that you can see the volume indicator on the screen when you press the volume buttons.

Check the connections

If your iPhone is connected to a headset, you won't be able to hear through the iPhone receiver or using speakerphone. Follow these steps, testing after each.

1. Make sure that you don't have anything plugged into the headphone jack or the dock connector.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn off Bluetooth.

Clear the receiver

The iPhone receiver won't work properly if it's blocked or dirty.

Follow these steps, testing after each:

• Make sure nothing is blocking the receiver, such as a case or screen protector.
  • If you have a new iPhone, remove the plastic film on the front and back of the device.
  • Check the receiver opening to see if it's blocked or dirty. If necessary, clean the receiver opening with a small, soft-bristled brush. Make sure that the brush is clean and dry.
  • While you're on a call, turn on speakerphone. If you still can't hear, then your network or reception could be the issue. Try calling again later or from a different location.

Restart and update

1. Restart your iPhone and test again.
  2. If there's still no sound or poor sound quality, update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.

If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't ...

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT203800

can't call people on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.