Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time machine Backup

Cannot Backup on TM.

Keep getting this message.

Never opened "File Vault"

Time Machine did not back up because FileVault was encrypting or decrypting a disk. Backups will resume once FileVault finishes.

Posted on May 28, 2019 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply
2 replies

Jun 5, 2019 9:43 AM in response to JRCorv

Same issue. But system (10.14.4) shut down for over two weeks during vacation. Just started using again. Did some of my usual things and then turned on TM disk. Get the offending message in system references.

Shutdown and restart not helpful.

Never used File Vault. Only encrypted volume is an encrypted sparse bundle used this morning for my usual financial stuff. All went well and Disk Utility checks that volume OK. I believe this is the blocking process: com.apple.prefs.backup.remoteservice (system Preferences). Kill that process and see what happens? A small amount of time has accumulated.

warmd is running as a top process. That should have nothing to do with this, but I have never seen it run for so long.

I was hoping to catch up on my usual things, get a few good TM backups and then do a SuperDuper! backup before installing 10.14.5.

Unless someone has a definitive answer to this bug, I may forget about the TM and go right to the backup and update.

Time machine Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.