Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

simplenote/notational velocity sync with iOS and OSX?

hi all,

i'm really hoping someone can bail me out here. i am googling and checking help articles and for some reason i am missing something.

on OSX i go into NV > Preferences > Notes (Tab) and click "sync with simplenote" and enter my simplenote email address and password to sync to my phone.

but on iOS how do i check to see that the info on the phone is synced to the OSX device? i don't see any settings in the APP on the PHONE for this and i don't see anything in iOS settings for Simplenote that show me how/where this is happening.

also, anyone have any other troubleshooting steps to know how to verify that my phone is syncing with OSX or my laptop is syncing to my desktop and my iPhone? i have a ton of data in these apps and i am not sure that they are syncing together which is making life exceptionally difficult since i cannot see how to verify the info on the laptop with the info on the phone (since i cannot see the info on the phone all at once...).

THANK YOU

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on May 28, 2019 7:59 PM

9 replies

May 28, 2019 11:31 PM in response to dialabrain

thanks man. lord.

october 2018? i must have a lot of data in that app to not notice this. or i have a real hard time trying to find the time to solve things.

guys! any ideas on what will happen to poor old little old me and my notes when i try to resync?

i mean i am basically screwed?

what is a good game plan?!

just print out every note from my phone and MANUALLY enter conflicting data into my notes on the computers?!

or wait until the NV folks come up with a solution and not use notes on my phone in the hopes they will solve the conflicting notes problem?

i mean this is a nightmare problem for a programmer at this point? resolving conflicting notes on a phone versus a pair of computers over a period of half a year or more...?!

Jun 18, 2019 4:22 PM in response to Yer_Man

hi terence.

can i please follow up here and ask you what the methodology is for this exactly?

apparently NValt has another piece of software (in development?) that may be in beta (which i don't want).

but i can download NValt to replace NOTATIONAL VELOCITY on my computers? and then there may be an app to sync this to my PHONE?

i am still sort of trying to figure out what is happening with my notes but i am /assuming/ that my computer notes have been syncing - but that nothing has been syncing to my phone and anything i may have added to the notes on my phone is basically in some database that is on a cloud somewhere and no longer synced with the computer database?

do you know what i mean? this is super confusing but there must be some copy of the database for my phone that basically somehow got replicated (like this is some kind of SIMPLENOTE database that is now floating out there somewhere) but is only linked to my PHONE? and the original NOTATIONAL VELOCITY database is still syncing to my COMPUTERS and where it has always been?

Jun 21, 2019 11:56 AM in response to hotwheels22

hi guys.

short version:

can i get a little more high level help on this? ALL of my notes are unsynced and appear to be discrete pieces of data on all three - iphone, desktop and laptop - devices. this is totally unmanageable without some help. i have posted to nvUltra and nvAlt sites but these are rather developer based comments sections.

long version.

i have been relying on notational velocity as my business note taking app on my mac pro desktop and my mac air laptop. additionally i have been using it to sync to my iphone.

because i jump around quite a bit i am afraid i am finding ALL my devices are out of sync.

and i am not sure what is going on.

the laptop would normally be the most "up to date" in the sense that i do the most editing on it but can anyone please explain to me what is going on?

the fact that SIMPLENOTE broke the sync means that all my devices (iphone, laptop and desktop) have been unsynced since the sync was broken?!

meaning i now have notes on one device that may not be on another (for all three devices) and also notes that have been EDITED on one that was not updated on another?

and how to get out of this mess?

there appears to be a database in my "notational velocity" FOLDER on both the mac pro and the mac air where the notes for that individual device are now stored? totally independent of any other device at this point?

i ask because i am thinking to print out all the notes from the MAC PRO, and then edit the data on the MAC AIR so that i now have one proofed set of notes.

anything i need to do with the SYNC SETTINGS ? right now i have both computers set to READ NOTES FROM FOLDER "Notational Data" AND i have it set to "SYNCHRONIZE WITH SIMPLENOTE" via my email login and password for Simplenote.

THANK YOU for reading and thanks to anyone willing to dumb this down a bit as i am obviously not a programmer.

is there a way to TRACK CHANGES and let nVALT or nvUltra reconcile them automatically?!

THANKS

simplenote/notational velocity sync with iOS and OSX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.