Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a red dot in the top right on the mac book pro log in screen. What does this mean?

What does the red dot mean next to the battery percentage. This is only ever shown on my log in screen.

Posted on May 29, 2019 3:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2019 3:23 AM

You may need to attend first the battery charge condition, then look into 'system information'

to see what battery status and charge/discharge cycles indicate; probably a direct connection.

Depending on these variables and the condition reflected in your system reports, there may

be a need to have the battery serviced or replaced by authorized Apple service provider.

In some systems, the power indicators may not fully be accurate immediately on startup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2019 3:23 AM in response to hannahbarton

You may need to attend first the battery charge condition, then look into 'system information'

to see what battery status and charge/discharge cycles indicate; probably a direct connection.

Depending on these variables and the condition reflected in your system reports, there may

be a need to have the battery serviced or replaced by authorized Apple service provider.

In some systems, the power indicators may not fully be accurate immediately on startup.

I have a red dot in the top right on the mac book pro log in screen. What does this mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.