Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use siri to play apple tv audio in homepod

Is it possible to tell siri to redirect apple tv audio to a homepod, or it has to be done manually every time?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 12

Posted on May 29, 2019 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2019 8:41 AM

My Apple TV and HomePods are both in the room bedroom, and phrases like "Send audio to HomePod" or "Send audio to bedroom" didn't work, but by assigning my HomePods to a new room called Homepods I've been able to get "Send audio to HomePods" to work when using the Siri remote.

You can also try Settings > Video and Audio > Audio Output to see if that sticks the way you want it to.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2019 8:41 AM in response to DMtl_b

My Apple TV and HomePods are both in the room bedroom, and phrases like "Send audio to HomePod" or "Send audio to bedroom" didn't work, but by assigning my HomePods to a new room called Homepods I've been able to get "Send audio to HomePods" to work when using the Siri remote.

You can also try Settings > Video and Audio > Audio Output to see if that sticks the way you want it to.

tt2

Use siri to play apple tv audio in homepod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.