Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only use Apple TV (and hardwire speakers) instead homepod

So I recently got a HomePod Mini, I placed this in the living room where I already have an Apple TV. The Apple TV is connected to a Yamaha AVR and a regular 5.1.2 speaker setup. So I listen to music with TV off.

When I ask Siri to play music in the living room, the music only starts playing on the HomePod while I want to play it on the Apple TV (with the 5.1.2 setup).

I can say ‘hey Siri, play Beatles on the Apple TV in the living room’ but it feels cumbersome.

I would prefer my living room HomePod is basically only there to receive Siri commands and by defaults forward audio request to my Apple TV.

Hope someone can help!

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 7:40 AM

You could try assigning the HomePod to a different, fictious, room, so that the Apple TV is the only music capable device in the living room and thus responds to ‘Hey Siri, play Beatles in the living room’.

tt2

3 replies

Only use Apple TV (and hardwire speakers) instead homepod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.