Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod ans Apple TV. remote will only change my tv audio

Hi,

The Apple TV remote will only change my tv audio regardless of the Apple TV settings. Did Apple change something with the iOS 13 update, or am I missing something?

I'm having trouble getting my Apple TV audio to play through my HomePod. I’ve changed the audio out settings on my Apple TV but the only application that will play audio out to the HomePods is the music app (and that is only because the app lets me change the audio settings from within the app).

I’m hoping someone here can help me. Before the update to ios13, I could stream audio from my Apple TV to my HomePod. My Apple TV remote would also control the audio on my HomePods once I switched the audio out to the HomePods, and not nothing works.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 3:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 10:33 AM

Hi. I followed your advise and I honestly don’t know if that solved the problem, because yesterday the Problem remained. But as of today, I don’t have the problem anymore for the first time in months. Wow. Thank you!

Similar questions

2 replies

Homepod ans Apple TV. remote will only change my tv audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.