Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR gets wet and does not work

Hi, I would like you to help me understand something. You announce and say that the iphone X, Xs, Xr are waterproof and water resistant by 1.5 m for 30 min, my concern is that as it is possible that my iphone xr gets wet with a rain of 5 min and does not work But then they tell me they do not cover water damage !!! I think it's a way to scam the customer, if you can help me I would appreciate it

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on May 29, 2019 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2019 9:15 PM

Nowhere it is said that iPhone is water proof. It is water resistant

iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max are splash, water and dust resistant, and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 metres up to 30 minutes). Splash, water and dust resistance are not permanent conditions, and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage is not covered under warranty.

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by ...

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204104

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2019 9:15 PM in response to Noelcrespo89

Nowhere it is said that iPhone is water proof. It is water resistant

iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max are splash, water and dust resistant, and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 metres up to 30 minutes). Splash, water and dust resistance are not permanent conditions, and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage is not covered under warranty.

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by ...

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204104

May 29, 2019 9:32 PM in response to Noelcrespo89

they are experts in deceiving people, because as you are going to give me security of something and then tell me that they do not take responsibility, they should sue them for false announcements. I am seriously thinking about changing to samsung because they have not had these problems and how many friendships I have I am going to tell them to change.

iPhone XR gets wet and does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.