You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Library

I added a few videos (.mkv) to the Home Videos section of iTunes. I also deleted one video from iTunes. All this happens successfully and I can also play the added videos from iTunes.

When I quit iTunes and re-start it, iTunes seems to pick up the older version of my library and the deleted video is back. Also the added videos have disappeared. However, I can see them using Finder in the ...>itunes>itunes music>Home Videos Folder.

Please help resolve this.

Akshaya

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 29, 2019 11:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2019 9:07 AM

Check for large numbers of hidden .tmp files in your iTunes folder and/or see Repair security permissions for iTunes for Mac - Apple Community. Do you have any third party anti-virus software? It sounds as if the updated library file that should be created after you make changes isn't being saved or renamed properly, so next time you open iTunes you still get the old version of the library.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2019 9:07 AM in response to Akshayag

Check for large numbers of hidden .tmp files in your iTunes folder and/or see Repair security permissions for iTunes for Mac - Apple Community. Do you have any third party anti-virus software? It sounds as if the updated library file that should be created after you make changes isn't being saved or renamed properly, so next time you open iTunes you still get the old version of the library.

tt2

iTunes Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.