You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video on iTunes showing on music library

Somehow all my videos have found their way into my music library. Can they be moved to the correct one?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 9:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 11:20 AM

tt2

13 replies

Feb 3, 2021 4:23 AM in response to bernardfrombarton on sea

See the top of the Scripts page for details, but the basic steps are to save the script on your computer, select one or more items in the library (start with one and test first) then double-click the script to run it and follow any prompts. This one sets a property called VideoKind that you cannot reach using the dialog boxes, and that iTunes doesn't always set consistently. There is an outside chance it would help but I think there is something else going on you need to fix.

Thinking on about the missing File tab are you looking at content in your local library or are you connected to another using Home Sharing or some other library sharing mechanism?

tt2

Feb 3, 2021 5:53 AM in response to turingtest2

I've tried an alternative method. I copied to Folder with all the episodes to an external h/drive. Deleted the series from iTunes. Then copied the files back to the TV Programmes and it worked. It may be that when I originally copied the files to iTunes, I accidentally copied them to the wrong folder. Anyway thanks very much for your assistance, much obliged.

video on iTunes showing on music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.