Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

Hi , me and my daughter have iPads using the same Apple ID, yesterday for some reason all my photos downloaded to her pad. So she deleted them from her pad, at this point they were still on my pad. Shortly after she backed up and updated her pad. Shortly after that I went on my pad and over 4000 photos had disappeared and been replaced by my daughters 53 photos!!

I reasearched and attempted to back up from the cloud only to find that they have gone from there to and there’s just my daughters!! All my photos have gone, from my pad, from the cloud!! Please help

Posted on May 31, 2019 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2019 6:27 AM

iCloud Photos is a synchronization service, so all changes get sync’d across all devices using the same iCloud account.

When you share an Appleid you share a single account for all Apple services - icloud, FaceTime, iMessage, these forums, etc. there is no separation of data or content since you’re logging in as the same user.

So yes, when your daughter deleted the photos associated with that AppleID, that action was synchronized across all devices using that AppleID.

AppleID's are unique personal online service user ID’s and are not meant to be shared or used by multiple people.

You may be able to recover your photos (see https://support.apple.com/kb/PH27864?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US) but first your daughter needs to transfer her photos to a computer, then make her own AppleID, sign out of everything with your AppleID and sign back in with her own. You can set up family sharing to share purchased items.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2019 6:27 AM in response to Malp62

iCloud Photos is a synchronization service, so all changes get sync’d across all devices using the same iCloud account.

When you share an Appleid you share a single account for all Apple services - icloud, FaceTime, iMessage, these forums, etc. there is no separation of data or content since you’re logging in as the same user.

So yes, when your daughter deleted the photos associated with that AppleID, that action was synchronized across all devices using that AppleID.

AppleID's are unique personal online service user ID’s and are not meant to be shared or used by multiple people.

You may be able to recover your photos (see https://support.apple.com/kb/PH27864?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US) but first your daughter needs to transfer her photos to a computer, then make her own AppleID, sign out of everything with your AppleID and sign back in with her own. You can set up family sharing to share purchased items.

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.