Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Degraded overall performance after Apple update.

My secret is now public but I seem to have plenty of company. My mind is analog and struggling to survive in the digital universe so please, cut me a small measure of slack.

After receiving and installing another typical update from Apple, my iPhone 8 that had been performing in a spectacular manner, immediately started to misbehave.

The color rendition across the usable spectrum took a large shift with the most noticeable being the former vibrant Red is now Hot Pink ! Most of my online activity deals with Performance Classic Mustangs and pink is best suited for Chevy boys.

The other problem that began immediately after the iOS update from Apple affects the program stability while on Safari. Mainly with long delays or failed attempts to communicate with automotive performance parts vendors websites for my racing project.

I really should have noted the iOS version numbers when I updated my iPhone but it didn’t seem important at the time. It was the update that was issued sometime around 12/2018 or 1/2019. In the future I will definitely gather all of the important details before posting my questions and concerns on here. It’s just this constant 60cps hum that is such a mind numbing example of the roaring silence that occurs when trying to fit a digital peg into an analog hole 😉 But besides all of that, I would be sincerely grateful if someone would advise me on this particular problem. I feel like the Apple iPhone is a truly remarkable piece of the Universe that can fit in the palm of your hand !!!

And the beat goes on.....

Posted on May 31, 2019 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2019 2:13 PM

Try Some Troubleshooting?

1. Restart:  Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears. Also, see Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.
  2. Reset:  Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). Also, see iPhone, iPad, iPod touch- Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting.
  3. Restore:  Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory. Also, see Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings and If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple.

For help with the above on later models, including iPhone 7, 7s, 8 or later, iPad Pro 11" and iPad Pro 12.9" models, please refer to If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen.

If all else fails then make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. If you did not purchase it from Apple then you will need to look to the vendor for service or How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2019 2:13 PM in response to 60cps_hum

Try Some Troubleshooting?

1. Restart:  Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears. Also, see Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.
  2. Reset:  Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). Also, see iPhone, iPad, iPod touch- Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting.
  3. Restore:  Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory. Also, see Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings and If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple.

For help with the above on later models, including iPhone 7, 7s, 8 or later, iPad Pro 11" and iPad Pro 12.9" models, please refer to If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen.

If all else fails then make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. If you did not purchase it from Apple then you will need to look to the vendor for service or How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

Degraded overall performance after Apple update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.