Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think updating from iOS 13 or 14 to iOS 14.3 broke my iPhone SE 2020 receiver

First know i have an iPhone SE 2020 that i got around February of last year, And it was working fine right before i updated (i had literally just been on a call before it). In fact i didn't even mean to update, i just accidentally pressed it when it popped up yesterday. So yeah. It basically (and literally) started then, all the sounds that I know come from the receiver are at less than half the volume level they were at before. The iPhone has not been dropped or received any damage in any way since. I restarted the iPhone, cleaned out earpiece, turned off noise cancelation, messed with both turning on, off, up and down the reduce headphone volume. There is no way for the head phone jack to be interfering because there is none (except for the one on the adapters audio and charger splitter i plug in). Bluetooth has been turned off. Ive messed with the sound buttons both on and off a call, i messed with ringer volume and it both didn't affect call volume and showed that the ringer and alerts still have the ability to be way too loud, so that is working fine. Having a call on speaker phone is good so if that comes from a separate speaker than the main receiver, that speaker is fine. Music and sounds are fine. When i took a call on headphones it worked fine. It just seems like only the phone app is acting up whenever it uses the receiver ear thing not and is not on speaker or headphones. Could my update to IOS 14.3 have killed my receiver ear piece? If not then what’s wrong with it? Oh and also , I even removed the case (even though it sounded fine with the case on before the update, and still volume sound just as low as before. I went through apples having sound issues thing and only thing left is to restore to factory default which i feel like shouldn't fix it because it hasn't been that long since i first got it anyways.

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 8:31 PM

Do a forced reset and see if that helps.

-press and release VOL UP button

-press and release VOL DOWN button

-press and HOLD the SIDE button

DO NOT RELEASE side button

UNTIL APPLE LOGO APPEARS

Once the phone is completely up and at Home Screen test the VOL buttons. If you still need help let me know. Good luck 🍀!

Similar questions

1 reply

I think updating from iOS 13 or 14 to iOS 14.3 broke my iPhone SE 2020 receiver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.