Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double Spacing

When I am typing on Google docs, iMessage or anything else on my MacBook Air it will randomly double space when I press the spacebar down once, does anyone have any idea to how I could resolve this? Thank you

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 31, 2019 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 9:10 AM

You can try creating & testing using another user account and Safe Boot. Double check the settings for those apps to make sure it is not a settings issue.

Since this is an intermittent issue affecting only the spacebar, I would suggest using compressed air to clean any debris from beneath the spacebar. If this doesn't work, then you likely have a bad keyboard which needs replaced.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2019 9:10 AM in response to LucasE15

You can try creating & testing using another user account and Safe Boot. Double check the settings for those apps to make sure it is not a settings issue.

Since this is an intermittent issue affecting only the spacebar, I would suggest using compressed air to clean any debris from beneath the spacebar. If this doesn't work, then you likely have a bad keyboard which needs replaced.

Double Spacing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.