Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air stuck on 100% progress bar

I've tried resetting the PRAM, NVRAM

Recovery mode does not work

Internet recovery after loading for 30 minutes, goes back to the apple logo with progress bar and is stuck in 100%

I don't have another Mac, so I can't make a bootable macos installer.

This happened after I did a force shut down because my macbook basically froze and was unresponsive.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 31, 2019 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 8:46 AM

Try connecting your laptop to the router using Ethernet to eliminate possible WiFi issues. If the system boots using Internet Recovery Mode and you do not need any personal files on the laptop, then I would advise you to erase the drive before re-installing macOS just in case the file system has issues. If you do need to keep your personal files intact, then run Disk Utility First Aid before reinstalling macOS to make sure the file system is clean.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2019 8:46 AM in response to Gerard1026

Try connecting your laptop to the router using Ethernet to eliminate possible WiFi issues. If the system boots using Internet Recovery Mode and you do not need any personal files on the laptop, then I would advise you to erase the drive before re-installing macOS just in case the file system has issues. If you do need to keep your personal files intact, then run Disk Utility First Aid before reinstalling macOS to make sure the file system is clean.

MacBook Air stuck on 100% progress bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.