Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location sharing

Sorting out my daughters phone and her location sharing is set to never. It’s greyed out and can’t be changed. Anyone know why this is and how to fix it? I have already done a reset of her phone and tried un installing and the installing the app I need it switched on for. Only thing that has changed is that I set up family sharing today but I did turn on location sharing in it

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 11:48 AM

Hi chococheeks,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're not able to change the location sharing options on a device.

It sounds most likely that Screen Time content restrictions are enabled and causing this. Try tapping Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Then, under the Privacy section, you can set Location Services to "Allow," which should allow you to change the overall location sharing options: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I hope this helps to answer your question!

Have a great day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2019 11:48 AM in response to chococheeks

Hi chococheeks,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're not able to change the location sharing options on a device.

It sounds most likely that Screen Time content restrictions are enabled and causing this. Try tapping Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Then, under the Privacy section, you can set Location Services to "Allow," which should allow you to change the overall location sharing options: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I hope this helps to answer your question!

Have a great day.

Location sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.