Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to do with old Macbooks that are dead from soda spill

Hi

I know someone on here is most likely asked this but. What do people do with old Macbook's that were killed by a soda spill? I spilled soda on my Macbook Air from 2014 about 3 days ago. I ordered a new one and it has shipped so I am good there. But what types of things can I do with a Macbook that does not work? I like to collect Apple products so I have couple of older iPhone's and an old iPad that are in there boxes on a shelf. I keep all my boxes that come with my products. So the dead Macbook Air is in the box it came in with a posted note saying the date it died with soda spill on it. My mom did the same thing to her PC a earlier in the same week and I have a couple of older PC's that were broken by other family members on the same shelf. Not a good track record for my family and computers. Enough of that though so what do you all suggest when it comes to dead computers?

Sorry for the long post and thank you.

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 3:34 PM

One possibility would be to recycle them. Do an internet search to see if there is a local electronics recycle center in your area. It there isn't the following can be used to recycle both Apple and other brands: National Services - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies

What to do with old Macbooks that are dead from soda spill

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.