Dead on arrival Macbook Pro display

Hi there.

On July 3, I ordered a brand new MacBook Pro from an official Apple importer in the country where I live (Israel).

Because this is a computer with relatively "rare" specifications (MacBook Pro 14”, M2 Max 12C CPU 38C GPU, 64GB, 1TB, Silver)

It was necessary to wait 28 business days until the computer arrived.

Today I received the computer with a courier from the UPS company to my house and when I turned on the macbook I noticed that there is a small part in the middle of the screen that flickers. Unfortunately, it's the weekend right now in Israel and the company I bought the computer from isn't answering my phone. The official Apple customer service in the country where I live is also not available.

This is a computer in which I invested the best of my money and I am afraid that Apple / the supplier from whom I bought the computer will disown me but I am not ready to settle for less than a brand new computer. Are you familiar with such a case? Will Apple recognize this case as DOA? I would appreciate your help as soon as possible. Thanks!

Video of the screen while flickering

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 1:05 PM

If you bought DIRECT from Apple (not from a Reseller or other Retailer of any description) you have 14 days from receipt for a full-value refund or exchange, for ANY reason.

If you bought from a Reseller, the Reseller's policies apply, and you must deal with the Reseller for fulfillment.

In some countries Apple does not have a national presence, so there are only Resellers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2023 1:05 PM in response to maor98

If you bought DIRECT from Apple (not from a Reseller or other Retailer of any description) you have 14 days from receipt for a full-value refund or exchange, for ANY reason.

If you bought from a Reseller, the Reseller's policies apply, and you must deal with the Reseller for fulfillment.

In some countries Apple does not have a national presence, so there are only Resellers.

Dead on arrival Macbook Pro display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.