Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I submitted my Macbook to Apple authorised service centre and as part of their official protocol check , they damaged my motherboard and now my MacBook is dead

I have my Mac to the authorised service centre to checkup and they damaged the MacBook motherboard as part of their official protocol check and i was told the max is dead. so after the long calls with Apple support team, they gave me a resolution where I need to bear the cost of the damaged part and service charges, so I want to escalate this with the most senior person, this issue particularly falls under consumer authority. , can someone from the Apple team please help me out.

This is a very serious issue

Posted on May 13, 2023 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 11:36 AM

Excuse me? Most of the time when I bring it in for service, they offer me a 90 day warranty on their repairs.

I would call Apple Customer Relations. Same number as AppleCare. When you get a real person, ask to be forwarded to them and give them your case number.

Complain the authorized service provider is asking you to bear the brunt of the repairs, and you think they need a better insurance coverage, and that Apple needs to help out. That's what business insurance is for. If the provider has no insurance, it is negligence on their part for not having it. We can't question Apple's policy on this board, and I'm only telling you this from my perspective as a user.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2023 11:36 AM in response to KaarthikSai

Excuse me? Most of the time when I bring it in for service, they offer me a 90 day warranty on their repairs.

I would call Apple Customer Relations. Same number as AppleCare. When you get a real person, ask to be forwarded to them and give them your case number.

Complain the authorized service provider is asking you to bear the brunt of the repairs, and you think they need a better insurance coverage, and that Apple needs to help out. That's what business insurance is for. If the provider has no insurance, it is negligence on their part for not having it. We can't question Apple's policy on this board, and I'm only telling you this from my perspective as a user.

May 13, 2023 12:04 PM in response to a brody

The worst thing is Apple support has told me to bear the motherboard and told me to get it replaced with my own money and this issue has been going with their senior engineering team and after 10days they gave me this resolution , which is unacceptable and this issue as far as I know is a serious consumer relations issue , I don’t know what to do , clearly this an Apple/ Apple service issue right ? , the least they can do Is to give my exact condition laptop , like how I handed over to them . , can someone please help me out here ?

Oct 7, 2023 4:04 AM in response to KaarthikSai

Hi

I’m having same issue apple service centre reported me that my mac pro latest model motherboard is dead and they have no reason to explain. They are asking ₹55000 to replace new motherboard which is too expensive and I can buy another brand less than this cost. But what to do with this dummy now plz can you tell. Its just been an year and this happened after expiring of warranty date.

I submitted my Macbook to Apple authorised service centre and as part of their official protocol check , they damaged my motherboard and now my MacBook is dead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.