Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open letter to apple support

My name is Alexandre de Barros Pinto, i'm 56 years old, and live in the city Natal, Rio Grande do Norte. I Bought a MacBook Pro from apple in 2017 in Portland OR, in which until present moment it presented no problems. This year, however, i started to detect that its battery couldn't power the computer for long, and its keyboard started to loose some keys. I searched an authorized apple support in Natal, named "OMNI", i delivered my Mac to proceed with repairs suggested by the support, in which would change the battery and the piece they called Top Case. As said by the technician who was in charge of my support, there had to be replaced all the top area of my computer: keyboard, mouse, touch bar, touch id and the battery. For this service (OS 23820), payed cash a value of R$ 5190.00 basically the price of a new computer. After some time, i received a notice from OMNI that my machine was ready, i received my machine, and upon registering in the iTouch, it presented a problem, i was unable to register my digital in the machine because as the message displayed explained the limit of registered digitals was reached (even tho there wasn't a single digital registered).

I came back to OMNI, and the attendant told me that it could be a software problem and i should contact an apple support, he gave me a number and i contacted the support. After many trials and security tests, reinstating the mac-os software and reformatting of the machine twice the problem persisted.

I requested from the support how to proceed, their answer was that nothing could be done and that i should search again for the technical support that i had originally contacted.

The OMNI told me that no service was done in the touch id (even tho the touch id is localized in all the top area of my computer that they said was going to be FULLY replaced) and therefore this wasn't their fault, and the only solution was to replace the logic board which would cost more than R$ 3590.00.

In other words, in summary, i brought my machine that had no defect in the touch id for an authorized apple support to fix my mac's battery and keyboard, they charged me R$ 5190.00 and delivered a machine with a defective touch id (that previously had no problems) and to fix this problem obviously originated from their service i would have to pay out more R$ 3590.00.

Noteworthy that i am a teacher, in my family, we are 5, everyone has a Mac, an iPhone, and we have 3 iPads. In other words, we are apple fans and i'm severely surprised negatively for how the apple authorized technical assistance treated my case.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 7:15 AM

felipe999 wrote:

My name is Alexandre de Barros Pinto, i'm 56 years old, and live in the city Natal, Rio Grande do Norte. I Bought a MacBook Pro from apple in 2017 in Portland OR, in which until present moment it presented no problems. This year, however, i started to detect that its battery couldn't power the computer for long, and its keyboard started to loose some keys. I searched an authorized apple support in Natal, named "OMNI", i delivered my Mac to proceed with repairs suggested by the support, in which would change the battery and the piece they called Top Case. As said by the technician who was in charge of my support, there had to be replaced all the top area of my computer: keyboard, mouse, touch bar, touch id and the battery. For this service (OS 23820), payed cash a value of R$ 5190.00 basically the price of a new computer. After some time, i received a notice from OMNI that my machine was ready, i received my machine, and upon registering in the iTouch, it presented a problem, i was unable to register my digital in the machine because as the message displayed explained the limit of registered digitals was reached (even tho there wasn't a single digital registered).
I came back to OMNI, and the attendant told me that it could be a software problem and i should contact an apple support, he gave me a number and i contacted the support. After many trials and security tests, reinstating the mac-os software and reformatting of the machine twice the problem persisted.
I requested from the support how to proceed, their answer was that nothing could be done and that i should search again for the technical support that i had originally contacted.
The OMNI told me that no service was done in the touch id (even tho the touch id is localized in all the top area of my computer that they said was going to be FULLY replaced) and therefore this wasn't their fault, and the only solution was to replace the logic board which would cost more than R$ 3590.00.

In other words, in summary, i brought my machine that had no defect in the touch id for an authorized apple support to fix my mac's battery and keyboard, they charged me R$ 5190.00 and delivered a machine with a defective touch id (that previously had no problems) and to fix this problem obviously originated from their service i would have to pay out more R$ 3590.00.

Noteworthy that i am a teacher, in my family, we are 5, everyone has a Mac, an iPhone, and we have 3 iPads. In other words, we are apple fans and i'm severely surprised negatively for how the apple authorized technical assistance treated my case.

Since this is a user to user support forum—

your feed back is better directed at Apple directly:

submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

or

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

or

Corporate Address—

Apple

One Apple Park Way

Cupertino, CA 95014

(408) 996–1010

ref: https://www.apple.com/contact/

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2021 7:15 AM in response to felipe999

felipe999 wrote:

Since this is a user to user support forum—

your feed back is better directed at Apple directly:

submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

or

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

or

Corporate Address—

Apple

One Apple Park Way

Cupertino, CA 95014

(408) 996–1010

ref: https://www.apple.com/contact/

Open letter to apple support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.