Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spacebar issues

In the last few days often times when I hit the spacebar it gives me 2 spaces instead of one. If you look at this typing you can see what it does. Anyone else have these issues?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 7:59 AM

Thank you. That is exactly what we needed.

First, go to System Preferences > Keyboard and select the "Text" tab. Uncheck the item I've outlined in red in the image below:

If that give no joy, please look at this Apple service program as it likely applies to you:

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Whether you make an appointment with an Apple retail Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider, print out a copy of the program and take it with you. If you go to a service provider who says they don't do that, then they area likely not "Apple Authorized." Find another.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2019 7:59 AM in response to mikesuttles

Thank you. That is exactly what we needed.

First, go to System Preferences > Keyboard and select the "Text" tab. Uncheck the item I've outlined in red in the image below:

If that give no joy, please look at this Apple service program as it likely applies to you:

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Whether you make an appointment with an Apple retail Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider, print out a copy of the program and take it with you. If you go to a service provider who says they don't do that, then they area likely not "Apple Authorized." Find another.

Jun 3, 2019 7:44 AM in response to mikesuttles

There are well over 100 variants of the MacBook Pro. Even the 13-inch models have been around for a decade. Without knowing which one you have, it is hard to offer effective suggestions that you will find helpful

Please do "About this Mac..." from your Apple menu (left end of your menubar) and find the sub-model in the resulting window:

Post you sub-model in a response to your own question here.

Spacebar issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.