Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continuity camera issues

Hi,

continuity camera somehow stopped working on my iPhone though it still works on my iPad, I've checked several posts on how to fix this on apple community bu didn't find any suitable avenue. I presume it stopped working when my carrier asked to 'reset all network settings' to fix a 'Call failure issue' (now resolved). It works perfectly on my iPad (as it used to do on my iPhone as well), but iPhone, though connecting via Bluetooth on my Mac Air, won't. Any advice, I really enjoyed the feature and it came pretty handy. Thanks.

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 2:20 AM

There are several sets of information pertaining to set-up of the Continuity connections

between products which support this function, in following Apple Support webpage:

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204681

And there is a specific topic link for [ Continuity Camera ] ~ among others in above portal.

Hopefully there is sufficient detail within, to address your concern; if not, post additional Q:

You may need to choose a simple 'reset' from your iPhone's Settings menu.

Or hold buttons to initiate shut-down/restart if menu does not suffice.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2019 2:20 AM in response to rudi673

There are several sets of information pertaining to set-up of the Continuity connections

between products which support this function, in following Apple Support webpage:

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204681

And there is a specific topic link for [ Continuity Camera ] ~ among others in above portal.

Hopefully there is sufficient detail within, to address your concern; if not, post additional Q:

You may need to choose a simple 'reset' from your iPhone's Settings menu.

Or hold buttons to initiate shut-down/restart if menu does not suffice.

Jun 5, 2019 2:36 AM in response to K Shaffer

Hi K,

Thanks for your reply. Meanwhile I've also noticed 'handoff' is no longer working –only, on my iPhone of course. I followed Apple's support page (that you mentioned) as well as other internet posts, like this one, though to no avail. I compared my iPad's and iPhone's settings (iCloud, bluetooth, w-fi, handoff) to see if there was any difference but with no success.

If I right-click on my desktop I can see in the menu the option to import either from my iPad or my iPhone (see picture)

When choosing 'iPhone' I get the following error messages (as highlighted in those internet posts I referred to before):

Or the other 'Wi-fi not enabled on this device' (at the moment I can't reproduce it and paste its picture here).

I've already tried a reset of 'Network settings' from my iPhone's 'Settings>General>Reset menu'.

Do you recommend a 'Reset All Settings' from the 'General' menu?

Thank you, again. —R.

Continuity camera issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.