Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

COMMAND or SHIFT key modifiers always activated

Hello all !

Regularly, when I am using Photoshop CC 2018 (mostly)

suddently I got a modifier key who stay always activated

sometime it is the COMMAND key, or sometimes the SHIFT key

which make impossible to work with these kind of applications using intensly the modifiers keys for almost anything...

The only way is to reboot, but even so, I suspect that when I have rebooted and relaunched Adobe Photoshop, the mean bad appends very quickly, so very hard / almost impossible to work

Here is my setting :

MacPro 4,1 (Nehalem) with Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

and the Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 suite///

also, I have a WACOM INTUOS 4 Tablet, (actually with driver 6.3.32-4) BUT I got the bug since several previous version of the wacom tablet driver

and (suprise) a mouse and a keyboard.

worth mentionning : the keyboard is actually a window keyboard. but it didn't need any driver to installI just got few key not related to mac function, but even the F1 to F15 key function work as intended by apple when using it with the FN key (SOUND UP/ DOWN / MUTE and misssion control etc...)

Please is anybody can help me ?

Thanks very much in very advance !

Tell me if you need a EtreCheck Report, (?) if so I can quickly post a link of my current report.

Thanks

Mac Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 9:33 PM

7 replies

Jul 7, 2019 1:45 PM in response to keyman

Try a safe boot.

Shutdown your machine.  Hold down the shift key.  Poweron.  The boot up will take longer than normal because the filesystem on the startup drive is being checked and repaired as needed.   All about safe mode including what features and apps safe boot leaves out.  Safe boot uses a software driver instead of using your machines video hardware.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

This may disable the WACOM as extension are not loaded.

R

Jul 7, 2019 8:57 AM in response to Eric Root

Hey There !

Thanks guys,

but your tricks did not do (the tricks)

to be clear :

1. I did try to use another real apple keyboard; but i did get the same bug eventually
  2. Sticky Key are not enabled (did not know it even existed)
  3. Disconnecting my wacom tablet did not help....

is there anyone else to help please ?

Tell me what you need ?

Do I have to make a clean re-install of all my system ? (not even sure it would do the tricks.. so...)

thanks

COMMAND or SHIFT key modifiers always activated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.