Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to delete a recording in the Voice Memo playlist without removing from it from another playlist?

I regularly download voice memos from my iPhone (iOS12) to iTunes (v12.8 on High Sierra). Once the voice memos are in the iTunes Voice Memos playlist , I drag them to other playlists.

I then want to remove the original voice memos from the Voice Memos playlist in order to keep that playlist empty. In this way, I can quickly process the next influx of voice memos from my iPhone without having to wade through previous recordings that have already been filed.

In previous versions of iTunes, I was able to delete the old recordings in the Voice Memos playlist by clicking on the small blue ‘edit playlist’ button but this option appears to have disappeared in iTunes 12.

Does anyone know how to remove a voice memo from the Voice Memos playlist without deleting it from another playlist that it has been placed in? Thanks!

Posted on Jun 5, 2019 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2019 7:34 AM

I'm running a later build of iTunes right now so I cannot check details in 12.8, but right-click on a voice memo you want to remove. If Remove from playlist is one of the options then that should do the trick.

tt2

8 replies

Jun 5, 2019 8:25 AM in response to Paul Deegan

Same dilemma for me. The Voice Memos playlist on iTunes that my iPhone fills when I backup only lets me delete “from Library”, so any of the memos I’ve moved to different playlists also get deleted.

And I can’t get the Voice Memo in the iTunes playlist to present themselves in an orderly manner (ie alphabetical or in order of date created/backed up).

Also curious what will happen to the Voice Memos playlist when iTunes app goes away

Jun 5, 2019 9:39 AM in response to turingtest2

i do move the memos into other playlists I make to organize them, but I’d like to delete the same memos in the “Voice Memos” playlist that is built in iTunes (where the memos go after a backup) because they build up there and aren’t organized well...but if I delete in Voice Memos playlist, they are also deleted in the playlist I made (Delete from Library is the only relevant choice)...

Is it possible to delete a recording in the Voice Memo playlist without removing from it from another playlist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.