Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard modifier keys stopped working/Wacom tablet conflict?

Suddenly my modifier keys (shift-select, control-click, etc) keys on my wireless apple keyboard stopped working. I noticed that my Wacom Intuos "express buttons" on my tablet took over these modifier keys. But I prefer to use the modifier keys on my keyboard. I turned off these express buttons function on my tablet, but it hasn't restored my keyboard keys function. Anyone else have this issue? Tablet driver is up to date and I've tried restarting.

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 5, 2019 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2019 2:51 AM

This article helped me fix the issue: https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=Why-is-the-Pen-and-Touch-functions-not-working-after-the-Mac-OS-10.14.5-update%3F&guideId=015-478

After adding in the permissions I actually still was having the issue. So, I reinstalled the latest Wacom driver and restarted my computer. After that it started working again.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2019 2:51 AM in response to minnie cat

This article helped me fix the issue: https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=Why-is-the-Pen-and-Touch-functions-not-working-after-the-Mac-OS-10.14.5-update%3F&guideId=015-478

After adding in the permissions I actually still was having the issue. So, I reinstalled the latest Wacom driver and restarted my computer. After that it started working again.

Jun 6, 2019 8:10 AM in response to minnie cat

Hello minnie cat,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that you're having an issue with the modifier keys not working. I am happy to help.

Follow the steps provided in the article below for help with the modifier keys.

Mac keyboard shortcuts

If the steps in that article didn't correct the issue I would recommend reaching out to Apple Support for further troubleshooting.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Jun 11, 2019 8:43 AM in response to Kathria

I was only able to fix the issue when I manually downloaded and installed the Wacom driver. When I tried it through the Wacom app it noted that the driver was current. On downloading through the link and installing manually the issue was fixed.

It may be worth noting that I had already gone through the fix article on the Wacom site (System Security & Privacy, Accessibility) and it had no affect on the issue.

keyboard modifier keys stopped working/Wacom tablet conflict?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.