Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

storing photos on iPhone and MacBook independent of icloud

iCloud mushes my photos into one place and I want them in another.

My iPhone has more than 50GB unused storage but, apple wants me to store my photos in their clunky, irrelevant iCloud.

Is there a way to create photo albums outside iCloud?

I also have a MacBook Air with plenty of storage but all my photos have to pass through the icloud filter.

MacBook

Posted on Jun 5, 2019 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2019 10:59 AM

There is no requirement to use iCloud Photos and you can create photo albums whether or not you choose to use iCloud Photos. To turn it off see the instructions in: Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

You can transfer photos from your iPhone to your MacBook Air without using iCloud --see the "Import to your Mac" section of Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2019 10:59 AM in response to chasman007

There is no requirement to use iCloud Photos and you can create photo albums whether or not you choose to use iCloud Photos. To turn it off see the instructions in: Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

You can transfer photos from your iPhone to your MacBook Air without using iCloud --see the "Import to your Mac" section of Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

storing photos on iPhone and MacBook independent of icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.