Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to I attach pics from Photos into email, etc?

If I am sending an email from gmail or adding a photo to Facebook, I know i can click on a button in either app that allows me to browse my computer for a photo to add. But most for my pics are in Photos. How do I add a pics from Photos? I know I can go to Photos and email a pic from there or add it to Facebook from inside photos. But that is not how people attach pics to emails and such. They do it from inside the app (e.g., email, Facebook). How do I add pics from Photos when I am inside another app?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2019 1:29 AM

I know I can go to Photos and email a pic from there or add it to Facebook from inside photos.

pple does no longer support sharing to facebook from any application. You now have to open the facebook webpage and upload from there.

You can mail directly from Photos, if the Mail.app has been enabled as the primary mail reader in the Mail > Preferences > General.

To access Photos from other apps, use the Media Browser. Make the Photos Library your system Photo Library in the Photos > Preferences > General: Use as System Photo Library (this option needs to be grayed out).

The System Photo Library is available in any File > Open dialog or in a Photo browser, if the application has a photo browser and is compatible with Photos.

For example, in Apple's Mail you will find a photo browser button to attach photos.

In a File Chooser dialog (File > Open), for exa

mple in Safari, you will see a "Media" section in the sidebar and can click Photos there, then select the Photos Library and wait a bit, for your albums and photos to appear:

The Media Browser is only available in applications, that are fully compatible with macOS 10.14 and Photos and support this. Some older applications will need updating.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2019 1:29 AM in response to Ian Chamandy1

I know I can go to Photos and email a pic from there or add it to Facebook from inside photos.

pple does no longer support sharing to facebook from any application. You now have to open the facebook webpage and upload from there.

You can mail directly from Photos, if the Mail.app has been enabled as the primary mail reader in the Mail > Preferences > General.

To access Photos from other apps, use the Media Browser. Make the Photos Library your system Photo Library in the Photos > Preferences > General: Use as System Photo Library (this option needs to be grayed out).

The System Photo Library is available in any File > Open dialog or in a Photo browser, if the application has a photo browser and is compatible with Photos.

For example, in Apple's Mail you will find a photo browser button to attach photos.

In a File Chooser dialog (File > Open), for exa

mple in Safari, you will see a "Media" section in the sidebar and can click Photos there, then select the Photos Library and wait a bit, for your albums and photos to appear:

The Media Browser is only available in applications, that are fully compatible with macOS 10.14 and Photos and support this. Some older applications will need updating.

How to I attach pics from Photos into email, etc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.