Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Codes 4014 & 9

Anyone know exactly how you get past the error codes 4014 and 9 on iPhone restore from iTunes. I've done all the troubleshooting it suggested on apples website and still get the error[s]. Phone got bent and screen completely shattered. It has a new battery and screen but it will not boot up at all. I do however get the apple logo when I try to restore it from iTunes. Restore is the only option I'm given, update is grey. Then I get the errors 4014 and if I try numerous times I get error 9.

iPhone 6

Posted on Jun 7, 2019 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2019 6:20 PM

Read here: If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

If no joy, make a genius bar appointment with Apple for an evaluation.

They have diagnostic tools and can tell you what options you have.

2 replies

Error Codes 4014 & 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.