Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Gmail account in Mail gives iCloud email error

Mail Version 12.4 (3445.104.11) on macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Suddenly have a problem with my Gmail account in Mail.

If I remove it, Mail functions perfectly normally. If I add it, I then get a connection error in iCloud Mail as below. Why should a Gmail account cause a connection error in iCloud mail and how do I fix this?

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 3:43 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 8, 2019 4:47 PM in response to gordonfromfoxt

Hello gordonfromfoxt,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that you're getting a message in your iCloud email saying p45-imap.mail.me.com” on the default ports timed out. I am happy to help.

Let's try the mail Connection Doctor. Follow the steps in the article below.

Use Mail Connection Doctor

If you're still experiencing the same message or a different message I recommend contacting Apple Support for further troubleshooting.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day.

Jun 13, 2019 3:50 PM in response to gordonfromfoxt

Hello gordonfromfoxt,

Thanks for running Connection Doctor and posting the results.

Try the steps in the article below. It contains the Mail server settings for iCloud mail.

Mail server settings for iCloud email clients

I also want to share the article below. I think it will be beneficial to you.

Get help using iCloud Mail

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Adding Gmail account in Mail gives iCloud email error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.