Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar icon in Menu Bar

For a while, a Calendar icon appeared in my Menu Bar. It was very convenient to click on it to see a month's upcoming appointments.

Then it disappeared.

I dont know how it got there or why it vanished.

Anybody know?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 9:04 AM

It popped up again in the Menu Bar at the top, seen here on the left.

When clicked it gives a concise image of the Cal. The menu bar shows Fantastical as the program. AHA! The Fantastical Preferences/Appearance has a button that says “Hide Fantastical in menu bar” (not clicked). That is confusing. Maybe it should read “hide and seek."

I checked Apple’s iCal and it has no such item. OK, problem 90% solved. Dont know why it popped up last week after years of use, and dont know why it seems to come and go.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2019 9:04 AM in response to mulberry58

It popped up again in the Menu Bar at the top, seen here on the left.

When clicked it gives a concise image of the Cal. The menu bar shows Fantastical as the program. AHA! The Fantastical Preferences/Appearance has a button that says “Hide Fantastical in menu bar” (not clicked). That is confusing. Maybe it should read “hide and seek."

I checked Apple’s iCal and it has no such item. OK, problem 90% solved. Dont know why it popped up last week after years of use, and dont know why it seems to come and go.

Calendar icon in Menu Bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.