Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TextEdit Glitch? Default black background

I've been using TextEdit for years with no problem, but in the past day have had a problem. When I open TextEdit it defaults to black background with white text. I changed it in the rich text menu and it *looked* right, but then when I printed it, it printed with black background and white letters. Any idea what's gone wrong? Thanks in advance.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 11:01 AM

In Mojave, TextEdit automatically detects the Appearance setting in System Preferences : General and changes the background and text appearances accordingly. It does not change the internal document foreground/background settings. Want a traditional white background with black text presentation? Use the Light appearance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2019 11:01 AM in response to not2brightDOTcom

In Mojave, TextEdit automatically detects the Appearance setting in System Preferences : General and changes the background and text appearances accordingly. It does not change the internal document foreground/background settings. Want a traditional white background with black text presentation? Use the Light appearance.

TextEdit Glitch? Default black background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.