Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

canon printer issue after mojave 10.14.5 update

I have a Canon Pixma MX920 printer that has been working just fine with my Macbook Pro. I updated my OS to Mojave 10.14.5 earlier this week and now my printer not only won't work it's not being recognized. I realized the issue when I tried to print something yesterday and the printer wasn't responding, so I went through and restarted the printer and the Macbook, reset the wifi settings on the printer and last I removed the printer from my Macbook. When I went to set the printer back up again it gave me a message that says

Unable to verify the printer on your network

Unable to connect to ‘Canon MX920 series-2._ipp._tcp.local.’ due to an error. Would you still like to create the printer?

My daughter has the same printer (they have different names on the network) and I cannot connect to hers either. I checked on Canon's website and all I see are drivers from September 2018. Anyone know of anything I can do to get my printer running?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 10:42 AM

8 replies

Jun 9, 2019 2:58 PM in response to hnybee09

I experienced the same issue after the 10.14.5 Mojave update. I tried multiple times to reload the driver and my MAC simply cannot "see" the printer on Wifi. I ended up "hardwire" via USB and that works. But it is not the same functionality that was possible before the 10.14.5 update. I just checked the Canon driver site and I note that it does not include 10.14.5 in the range of MAC OS's that it covers (the scope stopped at MAC OS 10.13). I am hoping that Canon will release an updated driver that included 10.14 OS soon.

canon printer issue after mojave 10.14.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.