Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound when connecting to a projector

I recently purchased a usb-c to hdmi adapter to connect to a projector to watch movies outside with my kids. I had everything set up, but the sound keeps coming out of the projector and not from my iPad which is absolutely horrible. What can I do to get sound to play from my iPad?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 6:00 AM

Hi Bltscoop,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're hearing audio from a connected projected instead of from your iPad.

If you're using an HDMI adapter/cable, this may be normal since it carries both audio and video signal. In some cases, you might be able to select a different source for audio using these steps as an example, but it will vary by configuration. These steps refer specifically to AirPods, but may be useful in this case as well: Connect and use your AirPods

"On your iOS device

1. Open Control Center.
  2. Press deeply or touch and hold the audio card in the upper-right corner of Control Center to control audio.
  3. Tap , then choose the device you want from the list."

I hope this helps! Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2019 6:00 AM in response to Bltscoop

Hi Bltscoop,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're hearing audio from a connected projected instead of from your iPad.

If you're using an HDMI adapter/cable, this may be normal since it carries both audio and video signal. In some cases, you might be able to select a different source for audio using these steps as an example, but it will vary by configuration. These steps refer specifically to AirPods, but may be useful in this case as well: Connect and use your AirPods

"On your iOS device

1. Open Control Center.
  2. Press deeply or touch and hold the audio card in the upper-right corner of Control Center to control audio.
  3. Tap , then choose the device you want from the list."

I hope this helps! Take care.

Sound when connecting to a projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.