Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Volume Won’t Operate While Plugged into Car

Can’t Change iPhone Volume in the Car

While I’m playing music in the car, I cannot operate the phone’s volume with Music.

So, how do I get this to operate?

Of course, I can change the volume on the car’d builtin stereo.

Note: I’m not the driver here, so no worries on that. 👈

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 3:18 PM

TheLittles wrote:

I’m trying once more while the iPhone is in sync with the car’s stereo. No success with changing the volume from the iPhone.

It was already explained to you that it's not going to work. If the car has an auxiliary jack, use that instead. You can then change the volume using the phone.

Or, go by the old rules: driver is in charge of the music.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2019 3:18 PM in response to TheLittles

TheLittles wrote:

I’m trying once more while the iPhone is in sync with the car’s stereo. No success with changing the volume from the iPhone.

It was already explained to you that it's not going to work. If the car has an auxiliary jack, use that instead. You can then change the volume using the phone.

Or, go by the old rules: driver is in charge of the music.

Jun 10, 2019 12:35 PM in response to KiltedTim

Music App Icon on My iPhone 6:

Well, I was playing some music, and I just could not “access the volume control from all the way back.” I had the phone plugged it in to the Car’s USB port.

I don’t want lean over the seats and increase the volume. Turns out, I could neither increase nor decrease the volume from the iPhone.

Thinking something may be inoperable, asked. I tried Bluetooth; that was of no success.

Changing the volume from the car, I guess, is the only way to go.

Jun 10, 2019 12:12 PM in response to TheLittles

You're not making a whole lot of sense. You said "While I’m playing music in the car, I cannot operate the phone’s volume with Music."

Then you proceeded to say "I’ve never attempted to change the volume on it, while hardwired to a car."

Since the subject line of your post contains the phrase "While Plugged into Car" I assumed you had actually attempted to do what you claimed you could not do...

Maybe you'd like to start over and actually explain what you're trying to accomplish and what happens when you try...

iPhone Volume Won’t Operate While Plugged into Car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.