Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection issue: iTunes for Mac

iTunes opens on my Mac and I can see my library. But I am unable to access my account or search the store. Internet connection is fine and Safari works. What is happening?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 5:11 PM

3 replies

Jun 11, 2019 8:07 PM in response to Obi1keno

I, too, have this same issue. I have a 2017 MacBook Pro with Touch ID, all up-to-date with Mojave. I am able to access the App Store, Books Store, and iTunes Store on my phone -- just not on my MacBook Pro!! I can't see anything in the Store, and signing in does nothing (after I type in my username and password, the dialog box goes away, but nothing changes). This is all I see:

Here are the things that I've tried (due to scouring the Internet for this problem):

• deleted the files referenced in the Apple Support article
  • deleted Preferences for iTunes
  • deleted "Container.plist" from all (3) iTunes folders in Containers folder
  • re-installed Mojave
  • toggled Touch ID
  • toggled Trust Security Certificates (Apple Root CA - 3 of these; Apple Root Cert Auth; Developer ID Cert Auth; and, DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA)

I've spent the past two days trying to get this fixed, and I'm at my wit's end!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Connection issue: iTunes for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.