Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Funny and sad

i had my IPhone XS under the heavy rain and water got inside I read that it is water resistant for 30 meters under 2m away in the depth. In the apple store they told me only way is to pay around 1000 dollars and get a new phone. My phone has been under the rain for maximum 3 minutes and my Face ID and 3D Touch is broken. The funny fact is that I was bragging about water resistance of the devise in front of my girlfriend and she is Huawei fan while I always stand for apple. I’m so desperate now since I was sure that this is a warranty case. Is there any possible way to find a solution for me?

Devis was bought in Hong Kong

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 14, 2019 4:34 AM in response to ImranRag

I'm sorry for what has happened. However you should know that water resistant does not mean water proof. Heavy Rain for 3 minutes can cause damage to a phone of course. And Apple doesn't cover liquid damage in the warranty but i think that there is a way to get your phone repaired at the Apple Store if you pay a repair fee which should be cheaper than a new phone. Maybe check out a different Apple Store at your location if there is another one.

Funny and sad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.