Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the coming Apple Music be backward compatible to iTunes 12.8.2.3?

Hi --

I own:

2009 Mac Pro "Cheese grater" running 10.11.8 El Capitan — no more OS updates coming

Music collection on iTunes 12.8.2.3

iPhone 6S+ — iOS 13 update coming, including new, separate "Apple Music"

iPad Pro 1st Gen — iPad OS coming, including new, separate "Apple Music"

iPad Pro 3rd gen — iPad OS coming, including new, separate "Apple Music"

MY QUESTION: Will the coming separate "Apple Music" be backwards-compatible with iTunes 12.8.2.3 so that I can still sync my older Mac Pro/music collection with these portable devices?

Thanks,

John

Mac Pro

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 9:50 AM

Music, Podcasts and Video, which become Apple TV, have been separate apps in iOS for some time along with Books. The upcoming change only affects macOS 10.15 Catalina where the iTunes application will be replaced by Music, Podcasts and Apple TV. Syncing and backup features of iTunes will be moved into Finder. For anyone running Windows or older versions of macOS/OS X things will stay as they are. See About the upcoming changes with iTunes on Mac - Apple Support for more.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2019 9:50 AM in response to LordJohnOfCupertino

Music, Podcasts and Video, which become Apple TV, have been separate apps in iOS for some time along with Books. The upcoming change only affects macOS 10.15 Catalina where the iTunes application will be replaced by Music, Podcasts and Apple TV. Syncing and backup features of iTunes will be moved into Finder. For anyone running Windows or older versions of macOS/OS X things will stay as they are. See About the upcoming changes with iTunes on Mac - Apple Support for more.

tt2

Will the coming Apple Music be backward compatible to iTunes 12.8.2.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.