You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MSWord documents open in window that is too small and short

iMac running High Sierra and MSWord 16.25 on a 365 subscription. A few weeks ago when I open a document, whether a new one or existing, it opens in a small and short window. I can expand to the size I want, but it used to open in a reasonable sized window that was as tall as my screen. Now it is only 1/3 the height of my screen.

It is driving me crazy. I have tried deleting the normal template and then opening, sizing a window and then saving the document, then closing MS Word. That fixed the width problem, but not the height problem.

Someone suggested clicking the green button on the top left. That's great if I want full screen - which I don't, but does nothing to change the size of the window that opens next time.

Help please! Thank you in advance.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 1:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 1:37 PM

This is an issue with the latest update and it is known to Microsoft. See the following from their support forum: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/word-for-mac-1625-cannot-remember-window-size/ddc088b7-9a06-42d2-95bf-f8e521d5a156

Similar questions

1 reply

MSWord documents open in window that is too small and short

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.