Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV continually asks for login

My Apple TV continually is asking for my login details. I have updated to current software and when I login it takes me to Apple TV and then asks for me to login again. Have tried all sorts of resets and continue to have the same issue. My other Apple TV devices in this house and elsewhere work fine!

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 10:48 PM

What is your model Apple TV?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If you have Two-Factor Authentication for your Apple ID, and an older device, then the procedure is a bit special:

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?
If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code* from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

There is a time limit before the code expires, so request your code (or a new code*) after entering the characters of your password, to use those precious seconds effectively for just the code.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2019 10:48 PM in response to Sopi

What is your model Apple TV?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If you have Two-Factor Authentication for your Apple ID, and an older device, then the procedure is a bit special:

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?
If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code* from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

There is a time limit before the code expires, so request your code (or a new code*) after entering the characters of your password, to use those precious seconds effectively for just the code.

Apple TV continually asks for login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.