Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil / Notability / weird lines

Hey,

so I have this weird problem where my Apple Pencil makes a straight line while I writing in notability. You can see it on my last sentence. I wanted to write „barrier“ but half way through my r‘s got „shaky“ and a line appeared next to it. I am running iOS 12.2. I didn’t download the new iOS 12.3.1 yet.

(I have the new iPad Air 3 and it is only 1 month old. My Apple Pencil is new too)

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 12:49 AM

Thanks for your advise!

I am still not sure what happened. After I updated my iPad I still had the problem. Then I just disconnected my Apple Pencil in the Bluetooth section and connected it again. Now the problem is gone! As I said I still don’t know what the cause was but it works now. I think I will still try one of those gloves for drawing in Procreate.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2019 12:49 AM in response to MichelPM

Thanks for your advise!

I am still not sure what happened. After I updated my iPad I still had the problem. Then I just disconnected my Apple Pencil in the Bluetooth section and connected it again. Now the problem is gone! As I said I still don’t know what the cause was but it works now. I think I will still try one of those gloves for drawing in Procreate.

Jun 11, 2019 10:38 PM in response to talha_tt

This maybe just a palm/hand rejection glitch when moving your hand to write with the Pencil and somewhat typical of smart Bluetooth stylii that this can occur from time to time.

This is nothing serious or problematic. This can and does happen from time to time in any smart stylus supported drawing/writing app.

Notability seems to be one of these smart stylus supported apps that are more prone to stylus palm/hand rejection issues.

If you want to ensure more solid palm/hand rejection, you can always purchase a relatively inexpensive, special, non-electrical, lycra material based drawing tablet glove from online, from places like Amazon.

Do a search on Amazon for tablet drawing gloves.

These gloves come in a two or three finger variety and designed to cover the side of your hand and part of your palm for drawing on a tablet screen and the lycra based material acts as an electrical isolator, isolating your body’s electrical current in your hand.

These can be purchased seperately or in packs of different amounts and come in small, medium and large hand sizes, in some cases.

I use one of these on my iPad all the time to draw/write on my iPad to make sure I get more total hand/palm coverage/isolation for best palm rejection in a tablet app designed for stylii that support palm rejection.

Apple Pencil / Notability / weird lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.